Bitter leaf is a natural herb of a shrub tree. The extract of the bitter leaf is considered a natural antibiotic as studies indicate that the bitter leaf extract employs antibiotic action against resistant micro-organisms.
Side effects: Diarrhoea, vomiting, fatigue, loss of appetite, headache etc
- Malaria symptoms: Bitter leaf is great for combating malaria symptoms such as fever through its anti-bacterial /anti-parasite properties.
- It aids the body in its digestive function thereby improving metabolism – which generally facilitates weight loss.
- The anti-fungal properties of bitterleaf can also aid in combatting skin infections such as ringworm, eczema, warts etc.
- Bitter leaf is full of various vitamins include vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E, which are all great boosts to your immune system, and also to your skin glow.
- Bitter leaf is known for it’s
As with most health supplements, there can be side effects.
Over consumption of bitter leaf can lead to iron deficiency. It is also not advised that pregnant women take bitter leaf without medical consultation.